When floodwater intrudes into your home or commercial business it can cause "standing water", which can be dangerous. Here are some precautions you can take if dealing with standing water.
Standing Water are not natural swimming pools
- Sewage, debris, and other unpleasant things can be in the standing water leftovers
- Swimming, wading, or rafting can make you sick
- Don’t drink the water
- Water conducts electricity. Underground power lines can give you a dangerous shock
Standing Water vs. Animals:
- Snakes and other animals may get into your building. Wear work boots and heavy gloves when you clean up
- Some animals might find your office a cozy place to live
- If tap water is unsafe to drink, it is unsafe for your pets
If you find yourself dealing with standing water of any kind, SERVPRO of East Baton Rouge is here to make it “Like it never even happened."